CFE training logs, nutrition strategy, split times, timelines, gear, resources, and fun with graphs – from my second Ironman triathlon.
I’m dumping everything from IMAZ 2017 into this one epic and convenient blog post.
But if you only have 30 seconds, here’s the abstract:
I finished IMAZ 2017 in 13:12:10, which is 18 minutes and 8 seconds faster than my first Ironman triathlon four years ago (see IMAZ 2013 Race Report). I followed a CrossFit Endurance (CFE) training plan with significantly fewer workouts than my 2013 CFE Ironman Plan, and I focused my training plan mostly on running. As you might expect, my bike and swim were slower this year, but I cut my marathon time by more than 45 minutes. All in all, a great day.
OK, go put out whatever fire you need to put out right now, and come back when you have some time to dig into the gold mine of CFE Ironman data, insights and resources I painstakingly lay out for you below, including:
- Graphs on graphs on graphs comparing 2017 to 2013 by the numbers
- My gear, and the stuff I used in special needs bags
- A new nutrition strategy that avoided the GI issues that slowed me down last year
- Complete training logs from 10 months of CFE Ironman workouts
- Two great resources: a coach that made me a better swimmer, and a book that made me a better runner
- OK, that’s enough bullet points for now, many more to come